HYPER – Ride Bikes Bro Edition
THE HOTTEST WHEELS ON THE USA CRIT SCENE
Photos courtesy of the awesome Alex Roszko
Ride Bikes Bro!
The Philosophy of Ride Bikes Bro has always been “Ride All The Bikes!” and have fun doing it.
The Ride Bikes Bro Elite Team takes this philosophy to the high-adrenaline world of American Crit racing. Based in California and Texas, the team compete in a variety of road and gravel races across the United States.
Here at Lún Wheels we’re proud to be supplying the team with their road bike wheels for the 2022 season. The team’s values align well with our own: A dedication to performance but with the requirement of looking good in the process. To that end we created the Ride Bikes Bro Edition of the Lún HYPER wheels. The butt-whipping performance of HYPER wheels, with the style of Ride Bikes Bro.
HYPER Style, HYPER Performance
The wheels are available in the same formats as our regular HYPER wheels. Available depths include 38mm, 50mm and 65mm as well as all featuring rim brake and disc brake versions.
The non-removable decals have changed to a more eye-grabbing white and the top of the wheel features the Ride Bikes logo. Each wheel features a mix of carbon, blue and pink spokes – each individually hand-masked and painted before the wheels are built.
All our wheels come with spare spokes and the Ride Bikes Bro edition are no different. Even the spare spokes are painted in team colors.
You may not be able to sprint like Evan Bausbacher or wall-ride like Chris Tolley, but at least now you can ride the same wheels they ride.
- – 38mm, 50mm or 65mm tall filament-wound rim with 26mm external and 19mm internal rim width. Filament winding puts the carbon’s strength where it’s needed allowing crucial weight savings in non-essential areas.
- – Tubeless-ready hooked rim bead-seat supports tubeless tires from 23-45mm. Tested with Schwalbe Pro One, Continental GP5000 TL.
- – High-temperature resistant, high-friction braking surface on rim brake versions.
- – Carbon fibre spokes with excellent strength to weight ratio weighing 2.6g per spoke.
- – Aerodynamic profile for decreased air resistance.
- – Rear wheel : 2:1 spoke lacing on rear wheels. 21 spokes.
- – Front wheel : 2:1 spoke lacing on disc brake wheels, 21 spokes. Radial lacing on rim brake wheels, 16 spokes.
- – Bespoke engineered Winspace hubs.
- – Over-sized 17mm central axles.
- – Supplied with standard Shimano compatible 11s freewheel body.
- – SRAM XDR Driver also availible upon request.
- – Bicycle specific Ceramic bearings for decreased rolling resistance.
- – Compatible with regular clincher tires with innertubes.
- – Compatible with tubeless-ready tires from leading manufacturers.
- – When using tubeless tires do not exceed 100psi for riding. (Upto 120psi may be required to initially seat the tire) 100psi is plenty for road tubeless.
- – Tire pressures should decrease as sizes increase. EG: 30mm tire no more than 85psi, 35mm tire no more than 60psi, 40-45mm tire no more than 40psi.
The system limit (Rider + bike + luggage, etc.) is 135kg. However, riders above 95kgs should regularly inspect their wheels or get a qualified bike mechanic to do so.
- – Rim brake versions: Wheels, QR Skewers, Tubeless Rim Tape, Tubeless Valves, Valve Extenders (on 50mm and above), Brake Pads.
- – Disc brake versions: Wheels, Tubeless Rim Tape, Tubeless Valves, Valve Extenders (on 50mm and above).
We stand by all our products and offer a 2 year warranty on our Hyper wheels.
This wheelset carries a limited warranty of two (2) years from the date of purchase to the original owner only. Unless otherwise stated, the sole remedy under this warranty or any implied warranty is limited to the replacement of defective parts with thos of equal or greater value at the sole discretion of Winspace. Winspace will not be responsible for any direct, incidental or consequential damages, including, without limitation, damages for personal injury, property damage, or economic losses, whether based on contract, warranty, negligence, product liability or any other theory. This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear on parts in situations where there are no material defects. This warranty does not cover consumable components including brake pads, spokes, rim tapes, bearings, etc.